- Michael Barron – Chairman/CEO/President Michael Barron has over 40 years of experience financing over $750 million for new business enterprises.Mr. Barron was the founder of Citidata, the first electronic provider of computerized real estate multiple listing services. Mr. Barron also served as the Project Director for TRW Experian and helped develop the world’s largest electronic property database. He was the Founder/CEO of Microventure, an IBM PC partner and developer of real estate software packages for the newly created IBM PC.Mr. Barron was also the CEO and Founder of Virtual Mortgage Network, which partnered with Intel Corp to develop the first loan origination video conference system in real estate offices. He was President of Vescor Investments, a $200 million commercial real estate syndicator with 1756 units in six states; Founder and President of Finet Holdings Corporation, a $600 million publicly traded mortgage broker and banking business; CEO of Shearson Home Loans, a $1.3 billion national public mortgage bank; and CEO of Liberty Capital, a $100 million mortgage asset company.
- Wanda Witoslawski – CFO
Ms. Witoslawski has served in progressively responsible financial positions for public companies over the past twelve years. She served as Controller for Ocean West Enterprises until its acquisition by Shearson Home Loans in 2005 where she managed the accounting function for a staff of 1,350 employees and $200mm credit facility. Upon Shearson’s exit from mortgage banking in 2007, she joined the principals Mr. Barron and Mr. Cosio-Barron as Controller at Liberty Capital Asset Management, an investor in acquiring defaulted mortgage pools, managing public accounting documents for SEC filings and the financial supervision over the liquidation of over 4,000 mortgage loans the company had acquired.
- Mr. John D. McPherson – Rail Network
John D. McPherson has an extensive career in the rail industry and is a seasoned expert in railroad operations. He is currently a board member of United Rail Inc. and has network operating responsibility for the short line freight unit.Mr. McPherson’s experience includes serving as Chief Operating Officer of Florida East Coast Industries, Inc.; Senior Vice President, Operations and President and Chief Executive Officer of the Illinois Central Railroad. Prior to these roles, he served in various capacities at Santa Fe Railroad for 25 years.In addition, Mr. McPherson served on the board of directors of Las Vegas Railway Express and TTX Company.
- Joe Cosio-Barron – EVP – Compliance
Joe Cosio-Barron currently serves as President of United Rail Inc. In this capacity, he is responsible for all legal review of contracts, leases and legal documents. In addition, he supervises all compliance for the company, including HR, SEC, DOT, STB, FRA and regulatory agencies.Previously, Mr. Cosio-Barron was President of Shearson Home Loans, a $1.3 billion national mortgage bank with 237 offices in 33 states and 1,450 employees. He co-founded Liberty Capital, a $100 million asset management company based in Las Vegas. He has also served as the Managing Partner and President of CBS Consultants, Inc. a financial firm offering highly specialized services in development and lending for hotels, resorts, casinos and entertainment companies. He was Executive Vice President of Finet Holdings Corporation, President of Terra West Construction, and Senior Vice President of Multi-Financial Corporation.
- Lou Schillinger – President United Shortline Insurance
Lou Schillinger has been President/CEO of United Shortline Insurance Services, Inc. (USIS) since 1992, and has been serving the rail industry with innovative and railroad responsive insurance products for the past 26 years.Mr. Schillinger is responsible for developing the policy language, current rating structure, underwriting guide, claims handling, disaster management manuals, and has underwritten, both alone and with various consulting underwriters, virtually every short line and regional railroad in America during the last 26 years.Mr. Schillinger has been awarded the exclusive marketing rights for Class I Railroads Railroad Protective Liability Program from Hudson Insurance Company. He developed the first association insurance program for the Rail Passenger Car Alliance (RPCA) and North American Railcar Owners Association, (NARCOA) as well as forming the first and only Railroad owned Insurance company, US Rail Insurance Company, Inc. RRG.
- Michael Mason – EVP Capital Markets/Investor Relations
Michael Mason currently serves as Executive Vice President of United Rail, Inc. He is a proven investor relations and capital markets professional with 20 years of experience working with the financial community.
Mr. Mason has helped to arrange financing for over 200 public companies, both through traditional investment banking as well as direct investments from institutional investors, family offices, and Regulation A and Regulation D offerings. Most recently, he was instrumental in securing a $75 million financing for the IPO of a publicly-traded leisure and entertainment company, and a $70 million financing for the IPO of a publicly traded rail transportation company.
- Danielle M. Hall Mitchell – EVP Business Development
Danielle Mitchell is Executive Vice President of Business Development. As a fifth-generation family member in the railroad industry, she boasts 20 years of railroad experience.During her two decades of service, Ms. Mitchell honed her experience working for companies including Adrian & Blissfield Rail Road Co., Coe Rail Group, U S Rail Corporation of Ohio, North American Rail Group and US Energy & Logistics (USEL), before moving into her current role in business development.
- Wayne Bailey Inc – EVP – Industrial Development
As Executive Vice President, Wayne Bailey leads our Industrial Development Group and is responsible for development projects on our various rail properties. Mr. Bailey currently heads up our Las Vegas Railport project in North Las Vegas.Prior to joining United Rail, Inc., Mr. Bailey was active in the OTC markets for small cap and micro-cap public companies. He secured financing, and managed public disclosures, mergers and acquisitions and compliance for several small cap public companies. He has also been involved in the development, acquisition and growth of industrial companies in the steel, water, corrosive materials, and plastics manufacturing industries.
- Troy Flowers Industrial DevelopmentTroy Flowers is an experienced entrepreneur, having spent the last two decades building environmentally sound and technologically-oriented companies from the ground up. He has the expertise to analyze market opportunities and to implement development strategies to bring businesses to fruition and maintain profitability.Mr. Flowers has been recognized as an “emerging growth” entrepreneur both on a State and National level and has provided technical, marketing and sales oversight to the medical, pharmaceutical and environmental industries for the last 30 years. Since 2004, Mr. Flowers has been developing biofuels projects for the renewable fuels industry. The largest project to date is Indiana Bio-Energy, LLC., a 100 million gallon-per-year ethanol plant in Bluffton, IN that merged into Green Plains Renewable Energy, LLC.
- Stephen Fisk GM NortheastStephen Fisk joined the United Rail team as General Manager, Northeast, after more than four decades in transportation, finance, and marketing for the railroad industry.He most recently served as Vice President & General Manager for The Finger Lakes Railway in Geneva, NY. Mr. Fisk also held positions at the Canadian Pacific Rail System—Manager of Corridor Marketing and Senior Manager of Business Development US.
- Jack Kelly Economic DevelopmentJon “Jack” Kelley is President of Enterprise New York, LLC, an economic development and real estate development company in Albany, NY. He’s also the current President of the Upstate New York CCIM Chapter and member of the International Council of Shopping Centers.Mr. Kelly has been involved in government and economic development for 40 years. In this time, he served as Senior Vice President of the Saratoga Economic Development Corporation, overseeing New York State’s largest economic development project—the GlobalFoundries $14 billion manufacturing facility, and developing a nationally recognized marketing strategy that resulted in the creation of 12,000 new jobs in Upstate New York since 1995.